Not much is known about the early life of this gorilla only that he was once an ape held in captivity. During the Ape Rebellion (CE), he was liberated and joined his fellow apes into escaping to freedom.
The unnamed gorilla was liberated by the forces of Caesar along with many other apes during the infamous Ape Rebellion. He would join his ape brethren in the Battle on the Golden Gate Bridge, he survived the battle and find true freedom in the safety of the Muir Woods Park where they would build a large colony.
At some point, he would met an unnamed female gorilla and the two would go onto to have a son named Winter, an albino gorilla who would idolize him for his strength.
War for the Planet of the Apes: Revelations
For many years, Winter's father has been deceased but his son Winter has tried to carry on his legacy. Winter's father was revealed to have been one of the first members of the Gorilla Guard a position his son would take in the hopes to be something like him.
More to come...
- Animal Strength: Like all gorillas, Winter's father was extremely powerful and strong. His strength had always amazed his son who sought to be like him.
- High-Level Intellect: Winter's father was most likely exposed to the ALZ-113, through unknown methods, giving him increased intelligence.
- Speech: Having presumably been exposed to the ALZ-113, through unknown methods, Winter's father had gained the ability of speech. He was not mentioned speaking in the novel, so it was unknown how good his english was.
- Expert Hand-To-Hand Combatant: Due to him being a member of the Ape Army, Winter's father was a capable combatant. Also like most gorillas, Winter's father uses his massive strength and speed in battle to make him a formidable opponent.
- It is unknown whether he had black fur or if he had albinism like his son.
- If not it is assumed Winter's mother may have partial albinism and Winter inherited it from her
- The cause of his death is unknown, but he may have died of natural causes.