The Verger was a Mutant who lived under the radiated remains of new York City in the Future, it is unknown if he was a member of the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout.
The Verger was a mutant who lived beneath the ruins of New York City in the latter half of the 40th century. He was a high-ranking religious leader among the mutant community, and possessed the ability to project his thoughts directly into the minds of others. Although he was more than capable of physically speaking, his evolved persona preferred communication through telepathy. He was the first mutant encountered by John Brent after he and Nova found their way into the underground city. He was alone in the cathedral worshipping at the altar of the Divine Bomb. He ordered Brent to be taken for interrogation.
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (Comic Book)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (Novelization)
- Marvel Comics' Planet of the Apes Magazine
- Marvel Comics' Adventures on the Planet of the Apes
- Death of the Planet of the Apes