The USS Enterprise is a space vessel commanded by Captain James T. Kirk from a parallel universe in the 23rd century. She is an exploration ship that houses its crew, whose mission is to explore worlds and discover new civilizations of other cultures. Under Captain Kirk's command, helmsman Hikaru Sulu was ordered to pilot her into the portal system commanded by the Klingons. As she passes through, Kirk and his crew orbit a parallel Earth, which is the Planet of the Apes.
- The Enterprise is exclusive to the Star Trek/Planet of the Apes crossover.
- The Enterprise is a Boom! Studios exclusive, but like Kirk, Spock and Kor, it is part of the Star Trek license under IDW Publishing.
- It is a Constitution Class starship.
- In the Star Trek universe, there are five more Federation starships that carry the name Enterprise.
- Its registry number is NCC-1701.
- Even though she is called the "USS" Enterprise, it does not stand for United States Ship, but rather the United Space Ship or "United Star Ship".
- Kirk was not the Enterprise's first captain. That honor originally belonged to Captain Robert April.