The Royal Ape Family are the ruling family of the Ape Colony within the Chernin Entertainment iteration of the Planet of the Apes story. They are comprised of Caesar and his family and later Khan and his family after they broke away from Caesar's Colony to set up their own.
Known Royal Family MembersEdit
- Caesar - King/Alpha/Leader; Patriarch.
- Cornelia - Queen/Co-Leader; Matriarch.
- Blue Eyes - First-born son, Prince and heir to the Ape Colony.
- Cornelius - Second-born son, Prince and second-in-line to the Ape Colony.
- Khan - King/Alpha/Leader; Patriarch.
- Tola - First-born son, Prince and heir to the Ape Colony.
- Bryn - Second-born son, Prince and second-in-line to the Ape Colony.
- Juno - Third-born son, Prince and third-in-line to the Ape Colony.
- Oaka - Bryn's wife and Princess of the Ape Colony.
- Kanj - Son of Bryn, Prince and fourth-in-line to the Ape Colony.
- Cornelia's status as queen is noted by the headwear that she is seen wearing in the trailers during and after the birth of her youngest son Cornelius. In less formal situations, Cornelia is seen wearing a headband made of what looks like claws from some kind of animal.
- Blue Eyes is known for his blue eyes while his parents and younger brother Cornelius, have green eyes. It is unknown as to why Blue Eyes has blue eyes as opposed to the green eyes that his father inherited from his own mother.
- In the wild, chimp colonies are headed by an alpha male, who wins his position either through physical strength or through forming tactical alliances with other strong males. The concept of leadership being inherited from a parent is borrowed from feudal human history.