Planet of the Apes is a franchise starting in 1968 with its latest instalment released in 2017.
The series spanning movies, TV shows, comics, novels and more follows a dystopian world in which there is war between apes and humans, vying for control over one another.
The reboot movie series that started in 2011 has grossed over $2 billion worldwide, receiving both critical and audience acclaim.
Caesar is the main protagonist of the Planet of the Apes reboot series. He was an evolved chimpanzee and was the king of the Ape Colony. Caesar was also the son of the late Alpha and the late Bright Eyes.
As an immensely intelligent chimpanzee who commands respect and loyalty from all those that encounter him, Caesar was a fierce leader. Despite seeing imperfections among humans, Caesar maintained his compassion and sympathy for humans while leading his apes to freedom.
Do you like Caesar? Read more! →
This Wiki was created by fans, for fans! We aim to provide a definitive database on all material relating to the Planet of the Apes franchise, including: The original five-movie pentalogy, the Tim Burton remake, the reboot films, comics, novels, merchandise and more!
On April 14 in the Planet of the Apes universe...
- 1924: Actor Joseph Ruskin is born. Ruskin featured in the Planet of the Apes television series episode "The Tyrant", as Daku.
- 1930: Actor Bradford Dillman is born in San Francisco. Dillman portrayed the part of Doctor Lewis Dixon in Escape from the Planet of the Apes.
- 1930: Actor Jay Robinson is born. Robinson featured in the Planet of the Apes television series episode "Tomorrow's Tide", as Bandor.
- 1956: Actor Chris Ellis is born. Ellis played the role of Commander Karl Vasich in the 2001 Planet of the Apes movie.
- 1969: John Chambers wins an honorary Academy Award for his work on Planet of the Apes - only the second person to be so honoured for makeup. Also nominated were Jerry Goldsmith ('Original Score') and Morton Haack ('Costume Design').