The Original Pentalogy of Planet of the Apes movies were all produced by Arthur P. Jacobs between 1968 and 1973, inspired by Pierre Boulle's 1963 novel La Planète des Singes. They formed a story arc continuity following either a 'linear' or a 'circular' timeline, depending the viewers' interpretation, and were the basis or the inspiration for numerous other versions of the Planet of the Apes story.
- Planet of the Apes (1968)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (1970)
- Escape from the Planet of the Apes (1971)
- Conquest of the Planet of the Apes (1972)
- Battle for the Planet of the Apes (1973)
- For the purposes of this fandom wikia project the letters APJ (referring to Arthur P. Jacobs) are used as shorthand to denote the original pentalogy of Apes films.
- Please note that if a character shares a name with another character in the project, or appears in another media source but doesn't appear in the films, that character will have the partial title of that source in its page title and will be listed in the 'APJ' category.