- "You can't trust the older generation!"
- ―Lucius Lucius appeared towards the end of the original movie. Zira's teenage nephew, he rebelled against authority of any kind and willingly helped Zira and Cornelius in leading Taylor to freedom. He resented Taylor's orders as much as anyone else's and struggled to understand the actions of this unusual human while they travelled through the Forbidden Zone together.
In the sequel, Beneath the Planet of the Apes, Lucius may have been among the chimps protesting the war on humans.
In BOOM! Studios' Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm, Lucius' past is explored more fully. His mother, Cassia, was killed when the destruction of the Moon caused a huge wave to hit Ape City, eight years before Taylor's arrival. Zira then looked after the young chimpanzee with the help of the "Anti-Vivisection Society" leader Prisca. After Milo had repaired Taylor's ship using spare parts from Brent's ship, Lucius accompanied Zira and Cornelius into the Forbidden Zone, but was shot by the gorilla soldiers before he could join them on their momentous journey.
- Lucius was thought to have died when Taylor detonated the Alpha-Omega Bomb, destroying the entire earth.
- The character of Lucius gave the Apes movies the chance to represent the more current themes in American society and acknowledge the right of youth to question their elders when they believe them to be wrong.
- Planet of the Apes
- Planet of the Apes (Power Records)
- Planet of the Apes Magazine: Planet of the Apes
- Adventures on the Planet of the Apes: Planet of the Apes
- Planet of the Apes: Cataclysm