Jeff Allen escapes ape capture with the help of Nova. He is soon reunited with Bill, and later Judy, and helps lead the rescue of the human population. By the last episode, the astronauts had gotten Urko removed from his position and were going to try to convince the Ape Council that humans were entitled to freedom and safety as much as apes were.
- The character of Jeff Allen was created by writer Larry Spiegel.
- The character of Jeff Allen was voiced by Austin Stoker, who had previously played MacDonald in Battle for the Planet of the Apes.
- Jeff Allen's name is frequently mis-quoted as 'Jeff Carter', for reasons as yet unclear.
- In the 2011 novel Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes, Landon recalls meeting an astronaut named Lieutenant Allen.
- In the 2018 novel Death of the Planet of the Apes, Lieutenant Jeff Allen is, along with Commander Hudson and Major Virdon, selected for the ‘Accelerated Future Corps’, a five-year program in agriculture, engineering, medicine and technology that would help start life on a new planet.