Between 1976 and 1977 the small independent Argentinian publishing company Editorial Mo.Pa.Sa released a series of seven Planet of the Apes comics in Spanish and under the title El Planeta De Los Simios. The comics included one or two all-new comic strips featuring characters from the Planet of the Apes TV series. The stories were written by Jorge Claudio Morhain and illustrated by Sergio Alejandro Mulko, with the exception of issue 5 which was written by Ricardo Barreiro and illustrated by T. Toledo. The editor of issues 1-6 was José Alegre Asmar. For the seventh issue, the only one with colour strips, the name of the company had been changed to Editorial Tynset S.A. ("to avoid legal problems"), with Ruben D. Ocampo acting as editor.
- Issue 1
- Issue 2
- Issue 3
- Issue 4
- Issue 5 (May 1977)
- Issue 6 (July 1977)
- Issue 1 (numbered 1 because of change of publishing company name)
A further five adventures written by Morhain remained unpublished, but outlines of the stories were included in the 2008 book Timeline of the Planet of the Apes by Rich Handley.
- The Killer
- Encounter With Edison
- The Archeologist
- The Queen
In 2004 the comics were translated into English by the fledgling Official International Planet of the Apes Fan Club and made available online with the new text. In addition, Sergio Mulko created some new sample artwork for the unpublished story 'The Queen', but these remain uncompleted.
- El Planeta De Los Simios 1977 Argentinian comics at Kassidy Rae's Planet of the Apes TV Series site
- Simios Argentinos, by Jorge Morhain at El Club de la Historieta (10 January 2012)
- Discovery, Fandom & Restoration on the Planet of the Apes / The Long-Lost Episodes Revealed, by Rich Handley - 'Simian Scrolls' #10 (2005)
- Timeline of the Planet of the Apes: The Definitive Chronology by Rich Handley