|“||APES! TOGETHER! STRONG!||”|
— Caesar's War Cry
Caesar's Ape Army is an army made up of evolved apes exposed to the drug ALZ-112 and ALZ-113. It was formed by Caesar when his was step grandfather, Charles Rodman was being shouted at Douglas Hunsiker for driving his car there Caesar ran out of his house and brutally attacked Douglas Hunsiker and ending up at the San Bruno Primate Shelter. Seeing him and his kind being mistreated by Dodge Landon and understaning that his kind is in endangered by humans he made this army when he started the Ape Rebellion.
Rise of the Planet of the ApesEdit
Formation of the ArmyEdit
The army started from a band of apes in the San Bruno Primate Shelter led by an evolved chimpanzee named Caesar, who was raised by humans that was sent to the shelter for attacking his human neighbor. Caesar felt that the apes were being oppressed by humans and desired for the apes to live free from captivity as he was constantly being picked on by the bully of a caretaker named Dodge Landon and unable to fit in with his people at first and the ruthless alpha male of the shelter a hairless chimpanzee named Rocket. Caesar did make friends with the kind former circus orangutan, Maurice and would free and befriend the isolated but friendly gorilla named Buck who helped him dethroned Rocket. Caesar now the new alpha male of the shelter chose to reconcile with Rocket by having him feed cookies to the apes stating to Maurice that apes standing together are strong but Maurice noticed a pair of apes playing in water behaving foolishly prompting him to say "Apes stupid". These words had gave Caesar an idea to make the apes smarter so he escape the shelter and broke into his old home where he stole three canisters of ALZ-113 and after using one of them to make himself more intelligent he left the house. Caesar broke back into the shelter, he punctured the canisters and spread the gas to all of the sleeping apes who unknowingly inhaled the substance and gained increased intelligence over night. The next day, Caesar closely examined the other apes and saw they now possessed green eyes like him. He then rallied the apes and told them of his plan to escape and free all captive apes in the city in order to live in peace in the Muir Woods Park to which the apes cheered accepting Caesar as their leader and the ape army was beginning to form. The first people to fall at their hands were their caretakers Dodge and Rodney who had the privilege of seeing the apes new-found intelligence as Caesar had spoke in English saying "No!" as his first word and knocked dodge putting him in a cage. Caesar freed the other apes and (accidentally) killed Dodge which left him horrified at this carnage while he would lock Rodney in a cage due to him being a kinder human than dodge. Looking upon a tag on a cage belonging to Gen-Sys Laboratories Caesar realized that while he and the other apes may be free the rest of their people were being oppressed by humans and decided to free them all. Afterwards, Caesar freed Buck from his cage and decided to go and free all the other apes in the city with that the apes left the shelter and headed for the outskirts of San Francisco.
Liberation of Apes and the destruction of human orderEdit
Dividing his forces into two groups Caesar, Maurice, Rocket and a group of apes broke into the Gen-Sys Laboratories where they freed all the experimented apes including Koba gaining another ape leader. The other apes led by Buck broke into the San Francisco Zoo where they liberated the captive gorillas, orangutans and chimpanzees greatly increasing the number and strength of their army. The evolved apes then gathered the bars on the animal cages and use them as weapons in their battle against the humans and moved out into the city which broke out into chaos as the streets of San Francisco began to fill up with rampaging apes. With a full army on their side, the hierarchy of the ape army was decided with Caesar acting as their main leader; Rocket and Koba as the second-in-command and leaders of the chimpanzees, Maurice the third-in-command and leader of the orangutans and Buck the fourth-in-command and leader of the gorillas. The humans seeing nothing but wild animals causing a ruckus gathered the animal control and the police and attempted to kill the apes before they do more damage to the city. This did nothing to stop the apes who saved their fallen brethren and defeated several humans as they began to move for the Golden Gate Bridge as their next target.
Battle on the Golden Gate BridgeEdit
The apes arrived at the bridge and began to terrorize the people who were quickly ordered by the police to evacuate as the apes began to move at the end of the bridge where a large blockade made by the police was awaiting them. It is here where the apes show their prowess as an army with their leader giving tactical orders such as having Maurice lead the orangutans and some chimpanzees to attack from below the bridge, the chimpanzees led by Koba to attack from above, and the gorillas led by Buck directly attack the police. Using the fog to their advantage the apes put their plan into action with the gorillas pushing a bus in the range of police bullets shielding them from harm and without their guns the police looked on in the fog and saw a police horse heading towards them. The horse's rider turned out to be Caesar who gave the apes the order to attack and the apes above the police attacked until the entire army joined in and began devastating the police force with both strength and tactics and the humans were no match for the intelligent apes. Despite their brute strength only a few humans were killed this is due to Caesar not truly hating all humans due to his past with them however, the apes did not go without casualty as countless apes had fell.
One chimpanzee named Wolfie was shot down and fell off the bridge much to Maurice's anger and this caused the orangutans and chimpanzees to descend into battle where the apes defeated all the humans who were forced to retreat giving the apes victory. As the apes celebrated, Caesar's adoptive human father Will Rodman called out to him much to the ape leaders' surprise, this was subsided with the arrival of a police chopper which began shooting most of the apes. Steven Jacobs, the director of the Gen-Sys Laboratories on board the helicopter (correctly) pointed Caesar out as the leader and told the shooter to take him down this put the ape leader in danger. Luckily, Buck witnessing this situation quickly pushed Caesar out of the way and while taking many bullets to the chest leaped at the chopper where he fought the shooter and pilot causing it to crash on the bridge. Caesar immediately ran to the damaged helicopter and pulled a dying Buck out the debris, in his final moments the gorilla thanked Caesar for his friendship and passed on. The ape army had lost one of its leaders and his death was avenged when it turned out Jacobs survived the crash, and Caesar (correctly) seeing him as the cause of the ape oppression and the death of his friend, allowed Koba who hated the human the most to kill him. With that done the apes officially defeated their enemies and moved out for the Muir Woods Park their leader's favorite place to visit as a child.
A new beginning for the ApesEdit
The apes settled into the woods and decided to make it their new home where they would be free from humans and able to live in peace. Will Rodman, the adoptive human father of Caesar followed the apes in a stolen police car and called for Caesar, his shouting did not go unnoticed by Koba who attempted to kill the human right on the spot, only for Caesar to stop him. An angered Koba ran off into the woods while Will begged Caesar to return home with him, and said if he did he would be protected from all the dangerous humans. Caesar looking upon his new army, hugged his adoptive father and calmly whispered in his ear "Caesar is home", which greatly surprised and amazed Will who gave Caesar his blessings to stay with the other apes. Caesar then walked up to his people who began to stand upright like him signifying that they accepted him as their leader, moved aside for him and with that, he climbed the big tree between them and the other ape leaders joined him by sitting on adjacent trees. The apes looked upon San Francisco which was now in complete chaos because of the ape revolt and wondered what fate would await them in the future now that they have broken out of captivity and are now free of humanity's grip.
Dawn of the Planet of the ApesEdit
A Decade of PeaceEdit
Ten years later, the ape army has now evolved into a more powerful threat with the increasing number of the new-found ape colony headed by their king Caesar who leads the apes in a more organized fashion having them hunt deer in groups and defeat more powerful predators such as bears with no problems. The army hierarchy is now at these levels with Caesar serving as the overall leader while other powerful apes serve as his main lieutenants. Rocket and Koba as his second-in-commands, Maurice as his third-in-command and advisor while the position of fourth-in-command now falls in the hands of a gorilla named Luca who also leads the Gorilla Guard. Luca was eventually tasked with guarding the village gate with the other gorillas and they are known as the Gorilla Guard.
Discovery of HumansEdit
Two soldiers Blue Eyes (Caesar's son) and Ash (Rocket's son) were out in the forest fishing before they headed back to the village conversation along the way until they came across a shocking sight a human man named Carver who out of fear shot ash in the shoulder which alerted Caesar and the other apes who immediately went to investigate. Carver now face to face with a an angry Blue Eyes shouted for help and more humans led by a man named Malcolm arrived on the scene before The Ape army made it to the area and surrounded the group. When Malcolm ordered his people to put their guns down after some hesitation the apes shouted at them to leave the forest to which they did after being horrified of hearing talking apes. Caesar wanting to know just how many humans were remaining had Koba and two soldiers Stone and Grey follow them while holding back Luca. Koba's group then secretly followed the humans' van all the way to the nearly destroyed San Francisco where they found a Shelter containing people who managed to survive the Simian Flu Pandemic. Koba would then report this to his people during a council meeting and while some planned to attack the vulnerable humans because of their years of hatred towards them Caesar had another plan.
The next morning, the army heavy in number and weapons march into the city where they personally confronted the humans at their hideout. It is here where the humans see they are up against something more than just animals as Caesar marched in front of his people and spoke (in English) to the humans who were deeply surprised that the apes are now capable of speech. Caesar announced that his people do not want a war but will fight if they must before warning the humans to never enter Ape Territory again, with that said he had his son Blue Eyes take the satchel of the human Alexander to the boy's father(who was standing in front of them) to which the young ape dropped at the man's feet. Their business with the human's now done, the ape army marched back to their village while leaving the now traumatized humans in their decrepitated homes.
Later on the night power was restored to the city, Caesar was secretly "assassinated" by Koba who wanted to kill the humans before they prove to be a threat to them and to get revenge from the earlier beating he received from Caesar. Koba's followers then set the ape village alight putting the apes into a mass panic. With Caesar believed to have been killed by humans, Koba quickly usurped him as the Alpha and roused the ape's fear and sadness into anger by having them attack the human shelter in a deadly fashion. The army now under Koba's command attacked the human armory where they raided the area for weapons in their attack on and after gathering enough supplies they moved out. The army soon marched to the city gates where they killed many humans showing absolutely no mercy toward them as they were too blind by revenge from Koba. The humans attempted to fight back with the use of ballista, guns and even tanks but this was not enough to fend off the apes especially Koba who after killing a tank driver took hold of it's fire power and destroyed the wall. With nothing holding them back the apes were able to enter the city and do as the humans as feared create utter chaos which would made the night's events seem like something out of a person's worst nightmare.
Control over San FranciscoEdit
The next morning after, the apes with Koba leading them took complete control over San Francisco forcing many of the humans to flee or be held as the apes prisoners under the command of Koba. The apes have now turned into the very monsters that Caesar feared the most becoming more ruthless and showing the humans no mercy whatsoever, but the apes that remain loyal to Caesar have been imprisoned on a bus next to the humans these apes include Maurice, Rocket, Luca and many others. Caesar's son Blue Eyes, seeing that these actions have gone too far slowly becomes distant from Koba especially after witnessing him kill Ash in front of him and the others.
The apes were then put on patrol by Koba to hunt down any human survivors that still run free in the city. Later, Blue Eyes finds Malcolm at his old apartment and while confronting him decides to spare him and when Malcolm tells him to come with him to see his father the young ape follows him to the Rodman Residence where he discovers his wounded but still living father and learns of Koba's treachery causing him to turn against the bonobo for good. As this was happening Dreyfus, the human leader who eluded capture managed to make contact with soldiers located at a base up north in order to help fight off Koba and the apes.
Battle for powerEdit
Caesar, having slowly recovered from being shot by Koba began to think of confronting the vile bonobo for his actions. Sending his son out, Caesar's remaining followers and the humans were freed and the apes met up with their leader at the Rodman Residence. Caesar and his followers were then aided by Malcolm find a safe way to enter the city undetected by Koba's forces. The apes followed Malcolm through the city's subway and though their plans were nearly interrupted by hostile humans they made it to the tower after Malcolm stalled for them. Once at the tower, the apes were all shocked and amazed to discover Caesar alive and well, Koba appears in front of Caesar and though surprised by the latter's survival he tells him he has no place there as the army follows him now. Caesar retorted they follow him to madness as soon war will dawn however, Koba arrogantly boasted "Apes win war ! Apes together strong! Caesar...weak." only to have Caesar unhurt and defiant remark "Koba weaker " which had the latter drop his gun and lash out at Caesar. The other apes simply stood by and watch as the former friends fight for supremacy as the fight went on Koba and Caesar traded words with the latter being angry with Koba for his betrayal saying he trusted him like a brother only to be told by the traitor that he was a brother to humans. The bonobo went on by stating he was fighting to free the apes from human tyranny to which Caesar rebuked that saying Koba killed ape and he was fighting for himself and he deserved to be in a cage. The two continued their fight with it getting more serious as the combatants use their fists and melee weapons to aid them. As this was happen Malcolm was talking with the human leader Dreyfus who revealed that he was planning to destroy the tower with several C4 bombs which were implanted beneath its foundation. Malcolm grabbing a weapon turned against Dreyfus while the latter attempted to bring him to sense by saying the apes were wild animals that attacked first but as Malcolm attempted to explain what was going on Dreyfus revealed they already made contact with a base up north and they were coming. The human leader then took a remote which turned out to be detonator for the C4 bombs when asked what he was doing Dreyfus replied "I'm saving the human race" before pressing the button which not only simultaneously kills him but causes the apes tower to suffer from the explosion as well.
Caesar seeing that many of his people lay dead or in pain put aside his duel with Koba and has his followers help him tend to the wounded out but as this happened Koba found a rifle and opened fire on the apes in an attempt to kill Caesar. However, one of his stray bullets struck and scarred Maurice which caused Caesar to become angered and attack Koba sending both over a ledge. Caesar, landing safely finds that Koba has been left dangling over the ledge for dear life until looking to Caesar for help by mentioning the "Ape not kill Ape" law. Caesar grabbing Koba's hand relieving Koba until he looks into Caesar's eyes and hears him say in a dark tone "You are not ape" before letting go of his hand and sending the treacherous bonobo to his death and ending his reign. The apes then cheer on Caesar's victory as the latter mourn Koba's demise before having the apes leave the tower and regrouping with the rest of their people.
With the battle with Koba now done, Caesar and the others were met by Malcolm who was at first treated as an enemy by Grey and the other apes only to be told by Caesar to back off of him. Malcolm had told Caesar that he should leave the city as Dreyfus and the others have made contact with soldiers who were coming to fight them which meant that war will soon occur. Caesar simply states that he cannot leave his home and says "War has already begun. Ape started war. And human...human will not forgive." He then tells Malcolm " You must go. Before fighting begins. I'm sorry. My friend". The two friends lament on the fact of how they could of achieved peace if not for the hatred and prejudice existing on both sides of their race and tearfully bid the other good luck and farewell. Malcolm then slips into the shadows as the apes bow down to Caesar, awaiting his guidance for the fighting to come.
War for the Planet of the ApesEdit
During the war with Colonel McCullough's army, many apes defected from the army to his, as many followed Koba although Caesar personally believes it was due to them fearing what he would do to them should he capture them for their betrayal.
|Koba||Bonobo||Deceased||Co-commander to Rocket/Temporary leader/Traitor|
- Spears: Spears were made from a strong stick and on the the end their would be a spearhead attached to it also with the support of wooden ropes. Their were many kinds of spears made. During Rise, the apes used metal poles from an ape cage at the zoo as their weapons. Many spears had many different kinds of spearheads attached to the end. In the second and third film they weren't really affected on the humans but it they were in the second film when the apes went hunting but Caesar spear broke when he was dealing with the bear. But they still work and were use in wars. When a spear would brake they would still use it just like Caesar and Luca spear but they maybe still fix. Many of them were stored in barrels and on horse saddles. In the third film Blue Eyes could be seen beating one of the Alpha-Omega soldiers to death a look in the back round you will see a place full of spears. These are the spears that have many kinds of spearheads. All of these are affected for war. Sharp Wooden Spearheads, Sharp Rock Spearheads, Spiky Spearheads, Three Hooked Spearheads, Very Long Spearheads, Elk's Jaw Spearheads, Elk's Hip Bone Spearheads, Elk's Head Spearhead, Double Spearheads, Spearheads with Holes, Curved Spearheads, Spears with Bumps on them, Small Spearheads, and Double Elk's Jaw Spearhead. But there weren't just spears like these there were like Caesar spear that has letters right next to the spearhead, Rocket spear that's all white, and Spear spear that has yellow and red paint with three strips of animal fur.
- Backpacks: Backpacks were made of wooden branches and wooden ropes and then were attached together. They were to store many spears and bolas for hunting, it is unknown if they were used for war but they were used for hunting. Only Luca had a backpack, it is unknown if any other apes used them and if they could of been used for any other things to carry. it's unknown if guns, bows and arrows, and smoke bombs were used to be carry.
- Bolas: Bolas were made of wooden ropes and stones and then the tips of the rope were warp around the rock. bolas were very effectively used during hunting to catch and bring down prey (they where never used for war but hunting). They are usually stored on to a backpack full of spears like when Caesar runs to Luca and grab a bola out of his backpack.
- Guns: Guns were stolen from the San Francisco's Human Colony at the armory. Caesar never expected apes using guns only there own weapons but when Koba shot Caesar and told all the apes that it was the humans it was the humans all the apes ran to San Francisco to the humans and went to their armory and took all the weapons and cause the Human-Ape War and because of this the humans were calling the soldiers from the north to come and help finish off the apes for good and Malcolm knowing this he told about it and Caesar allowed the apes to use guns for now on. All the apes never new how to reload the guns so they would find new guns like in the third film were the apes have new types of guns. But Caesar dose known that he needs to push the fore-end back then front to reload it but Red and the rest of the Donkeys were trained to reload guns.
- Bows and Arrows: The bows were made from a strong wood and they were very tall that the apes can put it on their body and the arrows were made up of a strong wood and a sharp point and had some kind of a bird feathers at the back. A closer look at them shows that they had black painted bands on them. The apes never had a quiver on them but they stored them on the horses and in barrel. they were effectively to kill many of Alpha-Omega soldiers at the battle at top of the hill at the trench.
- Smoke Bombs: Smoke Bombs were made from a strong wood and at the end there was a combustible substance on it. It was very easy to throw them by swinging them around for a few times then throwing them at the target. They were easy to throw and smoke up the place making it hard to see just like what Spear and the other apes did when they where attacked by Alpha-Omega soldiers up on the hill at the trench.
- Wooden Bandages: Wooden bandages were made from wooden ropes. They some of been stored at barrels and on horse saddles. Using them to help wounds of apes. On the attack on the hill at the trench, many apes that were in the fight (incept the backup apes but some) were heavily wounded and needed bandages. Many female medics came and gave many wounded bandages. It is unknown if the apes cleaned the wounds of the wounded and apes and other apes with wounds like Blue Eyes wounds from bear when he and Caesar, Rocket, Koba, Luca, Stone, and Grey went hunting and Ash wounds. But in the third film Winter wounds from Red were all clean so maybe all apes wounds were clean and at the waterfall where the apes were covering the dead and sending them away we could see the apes treating there wounds. This means that apes really did treated there wounds.
- Covers: Covers maybe made from leather. Covers were used for apes who lost there lives in fights ( it's unknown if they were also used for apes who lost their lives from other stuff then wars). They where stored at a waterfall full of barrels under built structures. At the battle on top of the hill when Alpha-Omega soldiers attack the apes, 63 apes where killed and were taken to the waterfall to be covered and flow away.
- Grenades: Grenades were from humans. They where only used when they had a chance to take it only in battles and they don't keep any like Caesar when he helps all the apes go up the hill by killing the Alpha-Omega soldiers. They also use many other bombs that they know how to use like Luca throwing a can of oil to the humans.
- Horses and Saddles: In Rise, Caesar was the first ape to ride a horse in the Battle on the Golden Gate Bridge. Afterwards, the apes were seem running to the Muir Woods Park and no one took the horse and its presumed the horses wandered into the forest. Overtime, the horse's population in the forest may have grown, as the apes found and brought them to the Ape Village. In Dawn, horse riding is now a common thing for the apes and they are shown living with the colony. The saddles were stolen from the humans, though it's unknown where they got it from. The horse were used to go to places and in the second film they were used for hunting because the apes had made a cart for the prey to go on instead of the apes and the horse carrying them. The apes made saddles and because of that they could of carried many things with them. During War, the apes continued to use horses as.
- Water Bottles: Water bottles were made of a strong wood that was hollow and clean inside. It had a long opening with wooden ropes attached to it and a small piece of wood to close it. They were usually stored on the horse saddle. These were good for apes who were stuck in guarding or in battles and were thirsty and could drink water. Caesar was the only apes who had one.
- Binoculars: Binoculars were stolen from the humans. They were used to scope far distances. Caesar had one on his horse saddle (it's unknown if any other ape had many binocular).
- Torches: Torches are made from strong wood and at the end of it a combustible substance. They were a important equipment for seeing in the dark and for burning any thing.
- Medics: Medics were every ape in Caesar's Ape Army helping out the injured with there wounds, helping them go back home, and taking the dead and covering them and sending them away. There were also female apes that came to help but they can't go to war only male apes. The females are alerted to the injured because just in case if there would of been a ambush. In the second film we could see the apes going to war with the humans at San Francisco and Luca helping out the wounded and by covering them from the humans shooting then Blue Eyes to come and help to and in the third film when Alpha-Omega soldiers attack the apes at the hill in the trench we could see after the battle Caesar, Luca, and Winter go inside the trench to see the humans we could see that there were a few female apes that came out and help the wounded and dead.
- Axe: Axe was made from animal hip bones that been painted yellow and supported by wooden ropes attached to it and spikes coming out of it and the end was kind of sharp. It is unknown if any other ape has this but Spear could be seen with one on his horse saddles.
- Packs: Packs are made from some kind of animal leather and some wooden ropes. They were stored on horse saddles. They were use to store food and they were easy to bring to places due to the saddles.
- Soups: Soups are unknown of what there made up but they were made of smash food full of protein and put into a plate. They were good because if apes had a cold from standing guard they could get a cold then they would drink a plate of soup. In the second film when Cornelia was sick we could see Sparrow giving her a plate of soup to make her fill better from her cold.
- War Paint: In Dawn, the apes have taken to using war paint made of white and red rocks that they smash up to make paint. They were used for hunting and war for some reason but were not always used like when Blue Eyes and Ash went spear fishing. The apes put white paint on their face then made five lines coming down from there upper lip then down all the way there chin. Then they put a white line coming down and then they make many parallel lines in the side and the shoulder and down to the fingers. All the Orangutans like Maurice and Percy don't have any paint on them. It is unknown if Winter had paint but due to him being albino he must of not. Caesar, Rocket, Koba, and Luca are commanders in the army so they have a red line but they also have two more small red line following, this was put on them so they knew ranks. they where stored in bottles. Many ape soldiers didn't had much paint on them so the must of have little of paint. They were stored in bottles.
- Wooden Ropes: Wooden ropes were made from wood. They were use for many things. They were stored and hang at many places.
- Carts: Carts were made from long and strong wood that were supported by wooden ropes. They were attached to a horse by two wooden ropes they were use to carry animals that they hunted. It's unknown if they used it to carry other things and to carry injured apes, when the apes were taking the dead ape in the waterfall after the attack on the hill. They stored them down the lower level of the water fall where there was a giant bridge.
- Horns: Horns were made of maybe a bison's horns and maybe attached to some ropes. They were use to alarm the ape village. One ape would blow to make a loud sound to alarm the other apes. They were seen in the third film were the apes were wrapping there dead with covers and sending them off a waterfall but a scout apes warn them by one ape using a horn to make a loud sound that two intruders.
- According to the Dawn prequel novel Firestorm, Cornelia was involved in the army during the rebellion and wasn't injured. Afterwards, she acted as a medic to the apes that were injured during the fight.
- The ape army was for battle but it was also for hunting and other things.
- In the third film Spear was a temporary leader leading the apes to their new home when Caesar, Maurice, Rocket, and Luca distracting the Colonel to find the apes. And Spear was on a horse and in front.
- It is currently unknown if there is any ranks in the ape army.
- As of now, the ape army have achieved two victories over humanity.
- Following the unfortunate deaths of Caesar and Blue Eyes respectively, Rocket or Maurice have likely become the new leader of the Ape Army; until Cornelius is old enough to officially become the next leader of the Ape Army.
More To come...
- Caesar's Ape Colony
- Caesar's Council of Apes
- Ape Rebellion
- Battle on the Golden Gate Bridge
- Battle in San Francisco
- Pope's Ape Army
- Gorilla Guard