- "Traumatic hypnosis is a weapon of peace."
Albina was a female Mutant who lived under the radiated ruins of New York City in the Future and was a member of the Fellowship of the Holy Fallout.
Albina was a mutant who lived beneath the ruins of New York City in the latter half of the 40th century. She was a high-ranking leader of the mutant community, and possessed the ability to project her thoughts directly into the minds of others. Further, Albina could pull abstract mental impressions from a target's mind and visually project them. Albina's projections were always filtered through a haze of blue light, oftentimes overlapping psychic impressions created by her fellow mutants. Although she was more than capable of physically speaking, her evolved persona preferred communication through telepathy.
She, along with mutant leaders Caspay, Ongaro, Adiposo and Mendez XXVI interrogated a human refugee named John Brent. They wanted to glean knowledge of the nearby simian community known as Ape City. Utilizing a psychic process known as Traumatic Hypnosis, Albina and the others discovered that a gorilla army led by the ambitious General Ursus planned on invading the underground ruins and exterminating all of the human/mutant citizens. While her fellow inquisitors felt that the apes were merely an aggressive species, Albina harbored a strong prejudice against them, describing them as "hideous creatures".
When Ursus' army invaded the mutant's citadel at St. Patrick's Cathedral, Albina took her own life by drinking from a vial of poison. Ape leader Dr. Zaius and Sergeant Duignan discovered her body in the interrogation chamber. Duignan was fascinated by her blonde hair, as he had never seen human hair that colour.
Albina pursued a forbidden personal relationship with Ongaro in the lead-up to the ape invasion of their city.
- With the exception of Mass, or other religious rituals, Albina traditionally wore a latex mask and blonde wig, which provided her with a more human appearance.
- All of the elder members of the mutant community wore liturgical vestments, which were color-coordinated with the visual effects of their thought projection abilities. Albina wore a blue stole over her robes to match the color of her psychic impressions.
- Each Inquisitor pursued an individual line of questioning with Brent; Albina probed for emotional feelings.
- In order to create the effect of a human being mutated through exposure to radiation, make-up artist John Chambers examined photographs of corpses where the outer dermal layer of skin had been removed. After sifting through other, more graphic potential mutant designs, he decided upon using these photographs for the basis of his mutant make-up. 
- The character of Albina was played by actress Natalie Trundy. Natalie would return to the POTA franchise for three more films. In Escape from the Planet of the Apes, she played the role of Stephanie Branton. In Conquest of the Planet of the Apes and Battle for the Planet of the Apes, she played the part of Caesar's wife, Lisa.
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (comic)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (novel)
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes (Power Records)
- Conspiracy of the Planet of the Apes
- Death of the Planet of the Apes
- 3955 versus 3978
- Beneath the Planet of the Apes - Final Screenplay at Hunter's Planet of the Apes Scripts Archive
- Behind the Planet of the Apes; 20th Century Fox, 1998