See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes Timeline
|No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1993 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- January: Planet of the Apes: Forbidden Zone #2 is released.
- February: Planet of the Apes: Forbidden Zone #3 is released.
- March: Planet of the Apes: Forbidden Zone #4 is released, ending the Malibu Graphics series of Planet of the Apes comics.
- April 2: Actress Dianne Stanley passes away. Stanley played the role of the younger Lt. Stewart in the 1968 movie Planet of the Apes.
- April 15: Comic book artist Alberto Giolitti passes away in Rome. In December 1970 Gold Key Comics published the first Planet of the Apes comic: Giolitti's adaptation of Beneath the Planet of the Apes.
- July 29: Actress Joyce Haber passes away. Haber appeared in Conquest of the Planet of the Apes playing the role of Zelda.
- Producers Don Murphy and Jane Hamsher successfully pitch the idea of a Planet of the Apes revival to 20th Century Fox. Director Oliver Stone (Platoon, The Doors) signs on as executive producer/co-writer.
- December: Oliver Stone announces his plans to create a new Planet of the Apes movie about apes from an ancient civilization with connections to mystical numeric codes and the Bible.