See also: Timelines
Planet of the Apes TimelineEdit
|No information available yet. Please add relevant Planet of the Apes story timeline information that corresponds to the year 1970 here.||Add source of information here (preferably an internal or external link)|
- Paul Dehn receives a telegram from 20th Century Fox saying "Apes exist, sequel required". Dehn writes a screnplay under the working title The Secret of the Planet of the Apes.
- July: The soundtrack to Beneath the Planet of the Apes is released on vinyl record by the Amos label.
- October 21: Dehn submits his first draft screenplay.
- A novelization of Beneath the Planet of the Apes written by Michael Avallone is published by Bantam Books.
- December: Gold Key Comics publishes Alberto Giolitti's Movie Comics: Beneath the Planet of the Apes - the first 'Planet of the Apes' comic.
- December: Darryl Zanuck forces his son Richard D. Zanuck to resign from the company at a 20th Century Fox board of directors meeting.
Community content is available under CC-BY-SA unless otherwise noted.